1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Setting up still air Hoverbator as hatcher with no instructions

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by RareBreedFancier, Jan 23, 2011.

1. RareBreedFancier

RareBreedFancier Surrounded by Broodies

Nov 5, 2010
    Australia :)
    Hi all

I need to set up my second hand still air Hoverbator as a hatcher and just realized there are no instructions with it.

Any tips you can give me? I think it's fill both channels and pull the plugs out but this is my first hatch and I don't want to make a beginners mistake.

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Petej

Petej Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
  3. RareBreedFancier

Nov 5, 2010
    Thank you! That's perfect. [​IMG]

Edit: That's the exact model I have too!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  4. Petej

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    No problem!

I downloaded that when I was setting up my 1582. I then found ANOTHER 1582 in the closet as well....(that one had instructions in it).... [​IMG]

5. RareBreedFancier

Nov 5, 2010
    A hidden 'bator? How could THAT happen! [​IMG]

6. Petej

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    Quote:Dunno. I found it buried WAY in the back of the closet. I even have the egg turner! I lent it to a friend a few weeks ago so he could hatch a few. He had no luck with his hatches. [​IMG]

7. RareBreedFancier

Nov 5, 2010
    Awwww I'm sorry your friend had no luck with his hatches, that would be so sad. [​IMG]

8. Petej

Dec 6, 2010
    PDX area
    Quote:He understands that it's natures will. He may try again, but he was vacation at the time and had time to observe what was happening. He and I were both incubating for the benefit of our kids. He's got teenagers, where as I have 4 and 7 year olds (1 each, Boy, girl respectively). Of course him having teens, means they weren't to interested in these type of Chicks. [​IMG]

My kids weren't here for some of it, they were at gramma's, but that what web cams are for! [​IMG]

They are enjoying the chicks, which is cool. They help me clean the brooder and the now small quail chick pen.....

9. RareBreedFancier

Nov 5, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG] Oh yes, I can imagine. I'm glad your kids are interested in the chicks. [​IMG] The webcam was a great idea.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by