Setting up the bator and setting shipped eggs this week....anyone else wanna join?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenlickin8, Jan 13, 2013.

1. chickenlickin8

chickenlickin8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    I just couldn't wait to hatch out spring chicks so no time like the present! I'll call them Valentine's Day chicks! I ordered eggs on ebay....Black Australorp, Ameraucana, Lavender/Black Ameraucanas, and Welsummer! I've always done well with shipped eggs. Now just waiting for them to arrive this week and get them set in the bator. I'm so excited. I love hatching my own chicks [​IMG]

Setting up the bator today and let it run a few days before the eggs arrive.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. wdeajr3

wdeajr3 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 29, 2012
    Harahan,LA
    My Coop
    I started some Giant Americanas Dec 28 hope they hatch on Jan 21. Good luck :thumbsup

3. chickenlickin8

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    I hope so too.....[​IMG] How many did you set?

4. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    I too have begun hatching early. Got 12 Coturnix quail eggs in the bator right now due to hatch this week. Just ordered more eggs off ebay today... this time 30 button quail eggs :)

5. chickenlickin8

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    The bator is set up and running now. Regulating the temp and eggs should begin arriving by tomorrow or Weds. Can't wait to get them set.

myfinefeatheredfriend, what kind of shipped eggs did you order?

6. wdeajr3

Dec 29, 2012
    Harahan,LA
    My Coop

7. chickenlickin8

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    I will be setting 35 eggs. They are being shipped right now...tracking them online. I can't wait!

8. wdeajr3

Dec 29, 2012
    Harahan,LA
    My Coop
    45 eggs on their way tues

9. crazyhen

crazyhen Overrun With Chickens

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    I set my own ? fertile eggs on the 14 of Jan in a 1588 incubator. I have a young Wheaten Ameracuanna roo and hen plus multiple other hens in my flock of 11 hens. After 7 days I have candled and it seems he only gave his kisses to the sweet little Am. hen, the EE hen and maybe the Marans hen. Sigh! 13 maybes at this point.
    I hope everyone else is having better luck. I WANT BABIES BAD! The weather on the coast of NC this yr. is Spring like and has me absolutely springy. Kathynmo has not started her breeding yet. It is cold out there at this time of year. So I guess we can start it off can I join you here? Gloria Jean

10. chickenlickin8

Jun 26, 2008
    Valrico, Florida
    My Coop
    wdearjr3 - what kind of eggs did you purchase?

Crazyhen - I ended up setting 41 eggs on the 18th. So this is day 2. I can't wait for fuzzy butts again! I have some Black and Lavender Ameraucana eggs in there and regular Ameraucanas, Black Australorp, and Welsummer and 6 mixed breed eggs for fun! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by