Settle this lamp debate for me.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Smartie_Pants, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Smartie_Pants

Smartie_Pants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2008
    Madisonville, KY
    I found a lamp I really liked and my mom got it for me for Christmas. She says the bottom and top just don't go together and look strange together. I think it looks cute and doesn't look all that out of place. What do you think?

[​IMG]

and do you think the base was modeled after a certain breed or just made up by the maker?

[​IMG]

2. FunnyFarmer

FunnyFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Efland, NC
    Well, I like it. I think it's cute. It's a conversation piece!

3. skirbo

skirbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Walton County, NW FL
    While I would agree that they don't really *go* together, I think the overall effect is fantastic and I would buy it myself. It's what I like to call 'eccentric' decor. :->

4. Rosalind

Rosalind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    I'm voting with your mom here. It's definitely strange as all heck. But, in all honesty, when I was about 19 I would have thought it was awesome as a pure example of American kitch. It's the type of thing you have to look at several times to appreciate fully--almost perfect in its weirdness.

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I think its kinda odd looking because of the size of the parts. [​IMG]

Its cute, but a chicken is WAY bigger than a rose in real life, and thats probably what throws folks off.

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I agree with Wildsky. It's almost like the chickens are fairy chickens.

7. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:They cant be FAIRY chicken or there would be no chicks, you gotta look at the big picture, its just one of those worthless(banty) chickens, and a giant rose. [​IMG]

8. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:did you just say what I think you said? [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Quote:They cant be FAIRY chicken or there would be no chicks, you gotta look at the big picture, its just one of those worthless(banty) chickens, and a giant rose. [​IMG]

funny.. [​IMG]

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:That's what throws me off. It seems like the two parts don't go together much at all (but neither do those chickens wearing clothes and pulling a cart...)... [​IMG] However, if you like it, and you think it's cool, display it with pride! I think it's very pretty, and a nice conversation piece.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by