Seven - 5 Dust

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by azhenhouse, Jan 27, 2011.

1. azhenhouse

azhenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    North Eastern Arizona
    I am going to use Sevin dust on my hens but I want to make sure I have the correct product. This is what I have : GardenTech, Sevin-5, Ready-To-Use 5% Dust. Is this the seven dust everyone talks about or did I get the wrong stuff? I got it at ACE Hardware.

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Yes- sevin 5% dust- a garden dust.

It is used off-label to kill lice and mites. And it works well. Use a mask, gloves, long sleeves, and take a shower afterward. It is toxic. Kills bugs dead.

3. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Quote:If we need to wear masks, gloves, long sleeves, and take a shower afterward, because it is toxic, what does it do the chickens? Does anyone know? What about all the toxic residue in the coop?

4. azhenhouse

azhenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    North Eastern Arizona
    How much do you put on the hens?

5. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    If you put some into a panty hose and use it like a powder puff it makes it easier to apply. Mostly put it under their wings and vents.

6. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Fred's Hens :

Quote:If we need to wear masks, gloves, long sleeves, and take a shower afterward, because it is toxic, what does it do the chickens? Does anyone know? What about all the toxic residue in the coop?

I don't know...good questions though. [​IMG]

7. Fowlty Towers

Fowlty Towers Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2010
    Space Coast, FL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by