1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sevens 2nd birthday today I made cupcakes for all my friends Pics! lol

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by cat1994, Nov 1, 2011.

1. cat1994

cat1994 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    So if you have ever looked at my BYC page then you have seen Seven my Holstein heifer that I got for free from my uncle (a dairy farmer). He didn’t want her as she was a runt and had some birth defects so he gave her to me for me to raise. Needless to say I have grown very attached to her and she to me. So I talk about her a lot and tell all my friends about how silly she is. They say I’m crazy but whenever any of my friends come over they always want to go visit Seven and pet her or feed her, she loves it when people come to play lol. My friends suggested that I celebrate her birth day (which is on the 1st of November) with cupcakes that I would bring to school and share with them lol. So for her first birth day I made a butch of cupcakes and put black and white icing on them in Holstein pattern and wrote the number 7 on them with white icing. It was a blast and lots of fun for my friends all in celebration of a cow’s birth day lol. So this yr Seven turns 2 today! But I have school off today so I brought the cupcakes yesterday lol all my friends loved them and we just couldn’t believe that it has been two whole yrs since Seven was born lol oh how I love the silly lil cow!

Here are some pics of silly super Seven today on her B-day
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My how time does fly when you are having fun!

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    She is beautiful. Happy birthday to Seven

3. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Adorable! What are your long-term plans for her?

4. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    She looks terrific. Happy Birthday Seven! (I want a cupcake! haha)

Sharon

5. PitterPaws

PitterPaws Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    Wisconsin
    How pretty seven is!! [​IMG]

and Happy Birthday!!

6. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    Quote:Thanks everybody I have wished her a happy birthday multiple times today and given her extra sweet feed and some good loving up on from me. Umm from long term plans do you mean breeding and such? If so then I don’t plan on breeding her ever, she will just be my pet for as long as she lives. I don’t plan on breeding her for three reasons
    #1 She is so small (and not getting any bigger) that in order to insure her safety during the birth of a calf (if it happed to be too big to come out she could die) she would need to be bred by a miniature bull (that way the calf would be small enough to be born) of which I do not have access to.
    #2 She has many birth defects (physically and mentally) which I can never be sure she wouldn’t pass on to her offspring.
    and last but most importantly
    #3 She has never come in (she has never menstruated) so even if we had a mini bull to breed her she would never take up (become pregnant) so even though I would love for her to get to be a mom (I have a felling she wouldn’t be a good one at all though) it is not possible. So she is my pet and just that (that’s good enough for me!)

7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    For those of us who don't know much about cattle,

What are her defects? She just looks smaller to me?

8. babyblue2

babyblue2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2011
    Quote:She is very small. Bottle fed dairy cows are big, mama fed dairy cows are huge. Its hard to tell from pics, but her pelvis and back end look a little not right. Id worry that that however sweet and loving she may be that giving birth would not end well for her. Congrats to you for keeping her and caring for her.

9. cat1994

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    You are right babyblue2 Seven has poor conformation. You may not be able to tell from the pics of her here but she has some swayback, her shoulders are a bit too upright, she has a high set tail with tipped-up hips, and she is cowhocked (hocks too close together, feet too wide apart) resulting her front feet actually knocking into her back feet causing scratches and nicks which I wrap up often. She has also been partially blind from birth and has very poor depth perception causing her to constantly look down at her front feet when she is walking so she doesn’t fall (it makes it look like she is going to run straight into the ground lol). I had her checked out by my local big animal vet (when I realized she was also messed up in the head) and he said she should be the poster child of some big birth/brain defect that goes by some really long name that starts with an s lol I can’t remember what it is called. Due to all this and her small size I don’t want to take the chance of something going wrong if I bred her (that is if she would come in heat lol) But I love her anyway lol

10. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Happy birthday Seven! I have a Seven, too! Mine's an Anatolian, and he will be 7 soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by