***Several Roosters, Need New Homes! NEPA***

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SterlingAcres, Jan 15, 2009.

1. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I've got overly loved hens and it's starting to show. As much as I don't want too, I need to rehome a few roosters. Someone please help me out. They're great guys, they'd be great pets. They're friendly and have great personalities. Fantastic crowers.

Lupin - 5 month 1 week old Easter Egger rooster from Harley's Girl lines. Picture from December, has grown.
    [​IMG]

Godric - 5 month 1 week old Easter Egger rooster from Harley's Girl lines. Picture from December, has grown.
    [​IMG]

Voldemort - estimated 6-9 month old Easter Egger rooster from BugLadyLeah's lines. He's on the smaller side.
    [​IMG]

For anyone that will keep them as pets and not cull them, I will let one Buff Orp hen go with each of them for $7. They're very near laying as I got our first egg from them 2 days ago. All the ladies are from Hinkjc lines. Photos from last week.
    [​IMG]

2. 1shelby1

1shelby1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    whine cntry,ca.
    ooh-would help you out,but cross country travel may be hard on those guys and gals!They are beauts!

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Wow! That EE roo is GORGEOUS! [​IMG] if i had more room I sould sooo take him!! I hope he finds a nice home! [​IMG]

4. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    All are EE roosters.

5. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Quote:Oh sorry I wasn't paying attention. [​IMG] I should say the Third EE roo is gorgeous! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  6. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    I'm pretty fond of them all, but I have 4 EE roos and 2 BO roos... I can't keep them all. [​IMG]

7. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Yea I know how you feel, I have some extra roos that I need to rehome as well. Best of luck to you! [​IMG]

8. SterlingAcres

Apr 17, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    Thank you very much. [​IMG]

9. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    My EE's are from leah's line too. Voldemort's neck coloring is very similar to my roo, Perry. He is a gorgeous bird. Unfortunately for my seven hens, one roo is enough...

Welcome back, by the way...

10. Poohbear

Poohbear On a Time Out

Nov 12, 2008
    Texas
    You can ship them by post office if you use a cardboard "Pet-Port" box. 38.00 across USA. That's Express USPS, 1,2,or 3 day delivery. Good way to re-home or get some good breeding stock.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by