Severe Weather Alert!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by StupidBird, Nov 11, 2011.

1. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Yes, there's a severe weather alert out since last night for the Atlanta area. OMG! It's actually gotten below the freezing point.

[​IMG] It's NOVEMBER. Of course it's cold! Next thing you know, they'll be shutting down everything when it snows... [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    My Yankee daughter lived in the Atlanta area for 7 or 8 years. She always used to say, "Dad, you should see what happens down here when we get an inch of snow." The old gas pedal/brake routine just does not work on snow. [​IMG]

3. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Yup. First, run to the store and buy milk and bread with fifty thousand other neighbors. Remember, Atlanta has three snow plows. As soon as you see a flake of snow, yell "It's snowing!" and the whole roomful of people will rush to the window and look - school, work, whatever. After five hours of sitting home because the schools and everything is closed, everyone will try to go to the mall because they're bored.

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

5. Mattemma

Mattemma Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    We had our first snow this am taking the kids to school.When I got home I got the frogs out of the shallow pond.Spring time there are always dead ones in the pond.Thought there were 2,and it turned out to be 10.Off to the park pond when it is 60 on Sunday.Right now 34 here in NE Ohio. I had to buy ice scrapers today!

Already got the chickens 2 bags of layer pellets and 2 bags of pine shavings,but I may go back for a 50 pound bag of BOSS for $26.Walmart sells 20 pounds at $21 so good deal.

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

7. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    Remember, it's different in the South when it snows.
    But, don't forget the toilet paper when buying milk and
    bread!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Quote:Yeah, toilet paper - appears that snow must cause some sort of bowel problems.[​IMG]

9. cravenchx

cravenchx Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    Piedmont of NC
    Must be the chili beans!

10. fuzziebutt

fuzziebutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Winfield
    And you gotta buy water, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by