Sevierville Tennessee Poultry Show ABA District 8 Meet *POSTPONED*

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by SilkieGirl, Jun 29, 2011.

1. SilkieGirl

SilkieGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Morristown
    Update: show has unfortunately been postponed until next year due to unforseen cirumstances.

I would like to let everyone know about an upcoming show this fall in Sevierville Tennessee. The name of the show is Smoky Mountain Poultry Fanciers Club Fall Show, this is a first annual show and we need lots of people to enter birds or just come out and join us. The date is October 15th 2011 at the Sevierville county fairgrounds located in east tn, only minutes from the smoky mountains. The following club meets have been placed with this show so far: American Bantam Association district 8 meet, Cochins International special meet, American Silkie Bantam Club special meet, International Cornish Breeders Association state meet, International Waterfowl Breeders Association state meet, and many more to come. There will be a silent auction, 50/50 raffle, and many more things to do during judging. There will be host hotels, concesions, sales area for exhibitors to bring sale birds, vendors, and more to do in short driving distance than anyone could possibly get done even in one weekend. If you would like to be added to the list to be mailed a show catalog, when we get them finalized, feel free to pm me. I will add new details as they come along.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  2. Contrastphoto

Contrastphoto Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2011
    Sevier County, Tn
    Yeah! I am in Gatlinburg! That will be lots of fun. You should post this on the East Tennessee Thread.

3. SilkieGirl

Jun 28, 2011
    Morristown
    Also if anyone would like to attend we have a club meeting this coming tuesday, July 5th in Sevierville. We will be discussing the show and its a great way to meet local chicken people like ourselves.
    [​IMG]

4. SilkieGirl

Jun 28, 2011
    Morristown
    Also if anyone who is interesting in attending has another breed club meet they would like to be here, just post it here and I will see what I can do. [​IMG]

5. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Not that I can attend this year, but for follow-up will there be a place for campers?

6. SilkieGirl

Jun 28, 2011
    Morristown
    Thats a good question, is there anything you would need for it? I know we have alot of local campgrounds atleast 5 in the area of the show alone, on up in the main tourist district there are even more, Or are you wanting to stay on the grounds?

7. SilkieGirl

Jun 28, 2011
    Morristown
    [​IMG] Update:cd

We will also be hosting a state meet for the American Brown Leghorn Club.

8. Majestic Lane Poultry

Majestic Lane Poultry Heart Strings Animal Rehoming

Feb 9, 2009
    Quote:I like to stay right on the show grounds as do others. Usually, we just need space, however, electric hookup is always a plus.

9. SilkieGirl

Jun 28, 2011
    Morristown
    I will have to ask about this at our next club meeting, on whether or not the fairgrounds will let us do this, next meeting is Tuesday the 5th so I should know very soon.

Another Update:
    The following club meets will also take place at this show but we are waiting to know what kind of meet we will be assigned. (ex. special, state, ect.)
    -American Brahma Club
    -Amerucana Breeders Club
    -American Poultry Association

Also our local sponsors have donated prizes in addition to the ones that will be listed in out premium book, such as bags of feed, poultry supplies, ect.

[​IMG] We are also hosting now the Rosecomb Bantam Federation District One Meet, special awards will be given due to this being a district meet.

-Latest confirmed meet: Belgian Bearded D'Anver Club of America State Meet

Note: we will have a seperate show for juniors, age 17 and under, but they may choose whether they want to compete in the junior or open show.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  10. tnchickenut

tnchickenut It's all about the Dels!

Jan 24, 2010
    Englewood, TN
    Yay! Good to know! I may show, but either way I'll try to at least attend!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by