Sewing -- My first button hole :)

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by mylittlechickpea, Jun 18, 2010.

1. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I made a skirt last night, and though I am not completely thrilled it, although it could have been that I was simply from staying up til 3 in the morning working on it.., I made my first button hole [​IMG] I didn't read the instructions all the way through to tell me I needed a clasp to close the top.. And Walmart closes at 9 so I improvised [​IMG] I had a package of shiny new buttons that matched and decided to go for it. I can sew a mean button but have never made any holes before, so I guess one good thing came from my midnight sewing madness, lol.. Maybe it will look better when I try it on today and have gotten some sleep [​IMG] I wanted to wear it this afternoon so I am certainly hoping so..

2. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Wooo Hoo. Button holes can be tricky. Soooo did it fit, and did you get to wear it today?

3. mylittlechickpea

mylittlechickpea Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    It did fit, I liked it, but was not completly thrilled with it. Although My hubby thought it looked nice, and that's all that mattered because I made it for him. [​IMG]

4. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Button holes can be a pain. One thing you can do to insure that it stays like it should is put some fray check on the button hole before you cut it open and let it dry. That will stop any unsightly unravelling. I love sewing but I dont do it as much as I used to. Maybe I need to make a dress for my girls?????

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by