Sex and Age of these ducks?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by KDailey, Sep 26, 2011.

1. KDailey

KDailey Crazy Cochin Lady

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Ok so I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight as to the sex and age of these swedish ducks. The two blue and one of the black I got as ducklings so I know they're about a month and a half to two months old. But the solid black with the curly feather comin out of it's head and one of the black ones came together and all I know is they're not laying yet.

I couldn't get any decent pictures because they kept moving so I took a video. I do know that I've head a LOT of loud quacking and not much of the soft quacking. But we never can catch them in the act or we catch them right as they're all quacking and we can't figure out who is doing what. So here's a video of them. They're not quacking but hopefully you can get several different views of them and maybe figure them out?

[​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:well theres no video but nice place you have for them and they are very pretty, at 2 months you probably won't see the drake feather yet, you know the one that sticks out and curls at the base of his tail. top side. so I'd say you may have to wait unless you can just keep at it till you pick out the ones that are doing the loud quacking they be your girls. [​IMG] sorry wish i could help more. [​IMG]

3. KDailey

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Quote:well theres no video but nice place you have for them and they are very pretty, at 2 months you probably won't see the drake feather yet, you know the one that sticks out and curls at the base of his tail. top side. so I'd say you may have to wait unless you can just keep at it till you pick out the ones that are doing the loud quacking they be your girls. [​IMG] sorry wish i could help more. [​IMG]

Did you click on the picture? It should take you to photobucket and the video....

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.

Did you click on the picture? It should take you to photobucket and the video....

thanks now I did. still can't tell, sorry. but they are very pretty.

5. KDailey

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    Anybody else have any ideas?

6. FarmrGirl

FarmrGirl MooseMistress

Jul 1, 2009
    Southern Maryland
    Quote:They look really young, I see down on their butts, so they won't be old enough to tell by the sex feathers. I hear lot's of quacking and at least one drake. If they'll let you pick them up you should be able to tell right away the difference between the girls distinct quack and the boys raspy drake sound.

7. KDailey

Jun 27, 2011
    Bronson, Tx
    I can't pick them up as they're not really friendly. They're just getting where they'll come when I call and give them scratch.

I'm starting to think 4 girls and 1 boy. I too hear a lot of quacking all the time but can't ever pin point which ones are doing what. But the last few times I've fed them I've been able to pin point them. one this time, one the next time, etc and I think it's one of the blues that is doing the rasping. But i'm not totally for certain

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by