sex/breed of mystery mixed chicks?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by dftkarin, Jun 20, 2009.

1. dftkarin

dftkarin Songster

Jun 27, 2008
    Any suggestions/guesses/thoughts would be very appreciate!! These eggs came from a neighbor who works on a farm where they are several roos and a bunch of hens - and all the eggs were brown and hatched by my broody BA (but there are no BA at the farm). Any guesses (especially about sex) would be appreciated!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm new at all this, so don't take my opinions for experience LOL.
    As for breed, no clue, but in the pictures- the white one on the bucket looks like a definate roo- he even has wattles coming in.
    The dark one with the yellow spot on his head looks like a boy to me also. The others, I don't know.

3. stormylady

stormylady Songster

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    How old are they?

4. dftkarin

dftkarin Songster

Jun 27, 2008
    They are 2 weeks old yesterday - so I know its early to try to tell. Also, let me ask this: there are bue egg-layers at the farm where these chicks came from - but all the eggs were brown. Can egg color be passed down through the father? If a father with the blue egg trait mates with a brown egg laying mom, will the resulting pullet's eggs be olive? Could they ever be blue?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: