Sex/breed question RIR

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Megs501, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Megs501

Megs501 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2012
    Flint Hills KS
    My Coop
    My question is: could I have sex link chicks or Roos in here? I ordered 6 pullets but I know they can't guaranteed 100% accuracy on the sex, and Im wondering if I have a different breed mixed in here.

So I got my RIR from MPC today. They are three days old. Here is a link to their pics here on the forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/646055/baby-chicks-tomorrow/20

I did a search on the forum for RIR chicks and I'm a little confused now. I have 2 that are darker and more red, with the dark chipmunk stripe down their back, and 1 that has almost no markings and is a bit lighter. Then I have 3 that are more blonde colored, with what I am calling "swirls" on their back.

One of the chicks with the stripe down the back has a very very light head, (her name is Dolly) and she is def the ring leader.

2. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah

Post a pic! I've ordered pullets from MPC and their sexing has always been accurate! There coloring may vary slightly.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  3. Megs501

Mar 2, 2012
    Flint Hills KS
    My Coop
    I posted a link to the pictures I've already added to the forum. I'm thinking the most blonde one may be a roo...

Thanks

4. Ourfamilyflock

Ourfamilyflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    Central Oregon
  5. Megs501

Mar 2, 2012
    Flint Hills KS
    My Coop
    Thanks so much, Jim! That is reassuring. =) I am hoping they're all little ladies. I guess time will tell. =)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by