Sex/Breed?

samantha LW

In the Brooder
Nov 1, 2015
Georgia
We went to a live animal auction (BIG mistake it was horrible) so I got these two ducks which we consider rescues. I have no idea how old, if they are the same age, breed or sex any help would be greatly appreciated. The smaller duck had some of it's tail feathers pulled out while I was out of town.

Welcome! I'm not an expert, but they look like Muscovy ducks to be - that's the limit of my inspiration, but others will help!
smile.png

We went to a live animal auction (BIG mistake it was horrible) so I got these two ducks which we consider rescues. I have no idea how old, if they are the same age, breed or sex any help would be greatly appreciated. The smaller duck had some of it's tail feathers pulled out while I was out of town.

Muscovy, Looks like they are young maybe 4-5 months and also looks like you have a pair. Thanks for rescuing them I cannot bring myself to go to a live animal auction you were brave. Lovely ducks and my favorite as you can tell by my sig.

Last edited:
Thanks! I was hoping one was female. Yay duck eggs! The auction was a mistake someone told me I should go and take the kids. The first sentence out of my nine year old daughter's mouth was "wow, mom, could you imagine if we treated our chickens like that? They would be ******!" We will never go back there it was truley horrific.The three of us had more teeth than the other hundred or so people combined.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom