sex/breed??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tasha82, Jul 20, 2011.

1. tasha82

tasha82 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2011
    leeds
    hiya i joined a few days ago.and posted about im unsure of the sex of 2 of my 8 chickens.which 1 has been confirmed a boy the other still unsure,so gonna post pics of all 8 of my chickens,to see what everyone thinks.and its a good excuse to show them off haha.
    heres the first one ive been told is defo a boy,
    coppa
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    heres the second one im unsure off
    cinnamon
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    and a pic of cinnamons tail(i was told this is a good way to tell the sex)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. tasha82

Jul 17, 2011
    leeds
    heres of pic of elvis my polish(please dont tell me this ones a boy)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

heres speckles and zeebs.speckles was i was told a checkaslavakian(sorry for bad spelling)sumthing,were unsure of what breed zeebs is
    speckles[​IMG]
    zeebs[​IMG]

3. tasha82

Jul 17, 2011
    leeds
    heres izzy my sussex[​IMG]
    belle my bluebell(thats wat we were told she is,shes gorgeous)
    [​IMG]
    mrs baggins my copper maran
    [​IMG]

4. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Coppa yes, is a boy, Cinnamon looks..well, in the middle. I'm leaning roo though. No, I don't think your Polish is a boy! [​IMG] Zeebs looks like a Dominique. I was about to say Barred Rock, but then I looked closer at the comb... From what I can tell it looks like it's a pea comb. If so, then it's a Dom. [​IMG]

And Belle is beautiful! And [​IMG]

5. tasha82

Jul 17, 2011
    leeds
    Quote:hiya thanks for replying.im so gutted about coppa,ive been reading up and some people say you can put them in a blacked out box/coop ad trick them by letting them out later in a morning and in later on a night.not sure how true this is,but anythings worth a try cos i dnt want to get rid of him,ive fallen in love,we had a feeling cinnamon defo was a boy,the tail feathers are gettin bigger and bending over more,and theyre turning green,belle s beautiful isnt she,i just fell in love with her,had to have her,her colouring is lovely,xx

6. tasha82

Jul 17, 2011
    leeds
    do you know if my polish is pure polish,just not sure as i havent seen anything other polishes all one colour,xx

7. Gallusfarm

Gallusfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    Nice bird. Where are you located???

8. OkieKristi

OkieKristi Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2010
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Maybe it depends on the rooster, but I don't know that keeping them in later will keep them from crowing. My Ameraucana rooster crows (loudly) all day long. We have neighbors about 1/4 mile away who have chickens, and our roosters crow back and forth continuously throughout the day. Good Luck![​IMG]

9. tasha82

Jul 17, 2011
    leeds
    Quote:which bird??im from the uk.xx

10. tasha82

Jul 17, 2011
    leeds
    Quote::mad:(.im not lucky enough to live with neighbours abit away from me,thats why i couldnt have one crowing first thing,as theyd just complain(despite the fact they make noise 24/7).ive fallen in love with him tho.xx

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by