Sex-change fairy strike me again?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by MaineChickens, Jun 8, 2008.

1. MaineChickens

MaineChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2008
    Here are three of my "suspects" They are 6 weeks old and from an "all pullet" order from MMH. I have already given away one cockerel, plus people I shared the order with have said they have cockerels too! So much for that...

Anyway, here they are-

LB, who is larger than my other LB, has the thicker shanks, etc... I am thinking cockerel
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the polish I have named cousin It and asked about last week. I am still hoping pullet...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my highly suspect black australorp...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    I'd have to say cockerel on the austrolorpe, his 'sister' here at my house has no noticeable comb at all and no wattles. The brahma too I'm afraid. my lb roo has a redder comb, but that might just be the lighting of the photo, the differences between my 2 brahmas is what makes me really suspicious. The polish....I have no idea! Good luck to you, I'm anxious to see what other people say! By the way they're all beautiful, I love the polish!

3. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    I have no clue what sex your chickens are, but I had to tell you that your post title cracked me up!!! [​IMG]

4. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    I would have to say that the austrolop is a roo looks like mine did at that age.....sorry [​IMG] And dont feel bad I ordered an all pullet otder too of RIR and I have roo that would the 4 or 5 roo if my new silkies have a roo too. [​IMG]

5. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    My total guess is Pullet, pullet and Roo. My polish rooster has a much spikier crest and very red wattles. Polish are difficult to guess at though, but he had red wattles by that age and the pointed neck feathers. The last one looks like a roo to me too. Good luck!

6. MaineChickens

Mar 11, 2008
    Pullet, pullet, roo would be OK by me. My other BA looks to be all pullet, so a pair might workout ok. Only kept 8 birds though, so if I end up with roo, roo, roo, it is gonna stink!

Keep the educated guesses coming...

7. Dutchgirl

Dutchgirl Not Dutch!

Apr 1, 2008
    U.S.A.
    The first one could be either...but the other two look like pullet and roo.

8. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Cousin It...is still looking pretty girly to me.

9. chicks for better health

chicks for better health Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    West Glenville, NY
    What breed is the topone? I have 10 that I received in a heavy mix that look very similar

10. MaineChickens

Mar 11, 2008
    It is a light brahma, they come in Buff and Dark as well... but that is the light.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by