sex ing older (14 wk) W.C. Black Polish, very confused 8)

PerpetualLearner

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 28, 2011
We have 8 white crested black polish. supposed to be three male and five female. However we have 4 with the red things on jaw I associate with males and also have the bald patches on head, 2 no bald patch or red things and 2 missing. don't whats up with that, hope went wandering and will come back. Got them from Murry McMurry June 1.

The "red things" are wattles, and both males and females have them. Your birds are about 3 months old... Could you post some pictures? Sometimes it's easier to tell if we can see the hackle (neck) and saddle (base of tail) feathers as well as the combs and wattles.
smile.png

(Oh yeah, get 5 more posts -- lots go to the new member section and welcome folks -- and then you can post pictures.
smile.png
)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the support. I think I've got 4 boys and 2 girls (2 vanished) if I'm understanding thing. I've gotten the pics into the computer now to getthem uploaded I've tried some of the methods suggested, must be doing something wrong. I'll keep working on it. Good thing I'm better with animals than technology
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom