sex ing older (14 wk) W.C. Black Polish, very confused 8)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by PerpetualLearner, Sep 11, 2011.

1. PerpetualLearner

PerpetualLearner Out Of The Brooder

Aug 28, 2011
    We have 8 white crested black polish. supposed to be three male and five female. However we have 4 with the red things on jaw I associate with males and also have the bald patches on head, 2 no bald patch or red things and 2 missing. don't whats up with that, hope went wandering and will come back. Got them from Murry McMurry June 1.

2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Photos?

3. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    The "red things" are wattles, and both males and females have them. Your birds are about 3 months old... Could you post some pictures? Sometimes it's easier to tell if we can see the hackle (neck) and saddle (base of tail) feathers as well as the combs and wattles. [​IMG]

(Oh yeah, get 5 more posts -- lots go to the new member section and welcome folks -- and then you can post pictures. [​IMG])

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  4. PerpetualLearner

Aug 28, 2011
    I'd love to but I'm tech impaired. I took some pics but no idea how to get them from camera to site.[​IMG]

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
  6. PerpetualLearner

Aug 28, 2011
    Thanks for all the support. I think I've got 4 boys and 2 girls (2 vanished) if I'm understanding thing. I've gotten the pics into the computer now to getthem uploaded I've tried some of the methods suggested, must be doing something wrong. I'll keep working on it. Good thing I'm better with animals than technology [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by