Sex-link chickens

HappyDuckie

🙄🤚 Almighty Queen of Orplingtons 🥶🙏💙
Sep 30, 2020
The Bermuda Triangle
Earlier I saw a chart about red sex-links, and one of the crosses was Buff Brahma rooster to Columbian Wyandotte hen, which I have. Anyone know what colors the chicks will be, or how to sex them? Or if this is even a sex-link producing cross? And if anyone knows any other crosses, please share! Thanks in advance.

Earlier I saw a chart about red sex-links, and one of the crosses was Buff Brahma rooster to Columbian Wyandotte hen, which I have. Anyone know what colors the chicks will be, or how to sex them? Or if this is even a sex-link producing cross? And if anyone knows any other crosses, please share! Thanks in advance.

It should be... gold over silver gene produces red females and white males.

The I'm not sure about the brahma totally. Get a red bird in there, like a RIR, and you'll get what I described above.

It should be... gold over silver gene produces red females and white males.

The I'm not sure about the brahma totally. Get a red bird in there, like a RIR, and you'll get what I described above.
Ok, thank you. I don't have any red birds other than some golden comets, which are sex-links themselves so I don't think it would work, right?

You can also make black sexlinks which is non barred over barred (RIR over Barred Rock). Males have white dots on their head.

Basically any breed could work as long as it is non barred over barred. Doesn't have to be those exact breeds.

Back
Top Bottom