Sex-link Question??

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by newchickens2009, Jan 26, 2010.

1. newchickens2009

newchickens2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    BAHAMAS
    I Know That All Sex-link Chickens Are A Cross One Way Or Another But, What I Would Like To Know Is. If You Hatch Sex-link Eggs, Do You Get The Same Sex-link Chick Or Will It Be Just Some Type Of Mutt?

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Are you meaning that if you cross a male sexlink on a female sexlink, will their offspring be sexlinks? If so, then the answer is no, they will not be sexlinks.

For red sexlinks you have to cross a male with gold genes and a hen with silver genes

For black sexlinks you have to cross barred hens with any color rooster as long as he is not barred and whites aren't good to use either because they may be dom white or have underlying barring. It does not work the other way aroundm crossing a barred roo will give all barred offspring.

Did you read the sticky on Sexlinks at the top of the Breeds, Genetics, & Showing page ?

3. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

Basicly they are mutts. Mixed breed with mixed breed is a mixed breed no matter how you look at it.

Good thing is, some of those mix breeds are beautiful birds

4. newchickens2009

newchickens2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2009
    BAHAMAS
    Thank You Both For Your Reply. I Will Find And Read The Sticky On Sex-links.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by