sex maniac is back!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by scooter147, Feb 4, 2009.

1. scooter147

scooter147 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    I posted last year about my sex crazed pekin/mallard cross named Quackers. Well after several relaxing months the monster is back.
    I rescued Quackers and Mary Lou from a horrible situation and had to seperate them from my chickens as Quackers ran my poor hens to death trying to mate with them.
    Around the end of October this behavior stopped and the chickens and the ducks were allowed to free range and stay in the same coop at night without Quackers harrassing the poor hens ALL DAY LONG!!!! I never figured out when this duck ate when given access to the hens, he was relentless.
    So now the aggrevation of having to put Quackers in the night pen in the coop and then putting him in the separate outside pen I built for him when the hens get to free range has started again. It is such a pain, this duck has a sex drive that is unbelievable.
    Thanks for letting me vent.

2. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    im sorry but....

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Duck confit, i have nothing more to say.

4. ShadyGlade

ShadyGlade Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm sorry to hear about your duck trouble. You could try getting him another lady or two. It's been my personal experience that the mallard-muscovy hybrids are generally infertile, so the eggs are just a great bonus and duck eggs seem to be THE best for baking.
    Once upon a time I had a drake with a simiar problem, but at the time I only had a couple of ducks. I still have the old chap (Daffy) but since he's over eight he has slowed down a bit. I actually had a female damaged by lose of feathers & the skin due to his high drive. GOOD LUCK.[​IMG]

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG]

6. cackleberries

cackleberries Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2008
    Arkansas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    sorry to laugh

7. scooter147

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    I wish I had video capabilities because I would video him and post it on you tube and let ya watch.
    Sunday (his libido started Saturday) I tried letting him free range with Mary Lou and the hens but he literally ran after one hen, then after another hen and so on and so on for almost two solid hours!!!! The hens run from him but he does manage to get a hold of them occasionally by the tail or other feathers and just pulls and bites and yanks... until the hen manages to break free and make a run for it.
    Sunday when I decided enough was enough almost all of my hens had flown up into the spruce tree to get away from him. Then I spent about 20 minutes trying to catch the buger which I finally did after he was a little more exhausted then me, hmm wonder why?
    The hens get to free range since their is no garden or flower beds to destroy so once the growing season arrives the hens will have to stay confined to their run and Quakers and Mary Lou will have the run of the place, so it isn't so bad then. I just take Quacks out of his inside pen and put him outside to run with his girlfriend.
    That brings up another point, I only see him mate with her once a day and that usually occurs in the morning.

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Well the answer is simple. You need more girl ducks. [​IMG]

9. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Do they neuter ducks? Its just a thought? [​IMG]

10. scooter147

Jul 30, 2008
    Missouri
    Chickie momma, if I thought neutering would help I would have it done, if I could find a vet that would do it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by