1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sex Me - EE

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by lundgrenj, Mar 26, 2009.

1. lundgrenj

lundgrenj Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2008
    Am I a girl or boy.. about 4-5 weeks old, EE.

[​IMG]

2. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    girl... pullet would be the term you're looking for... but im a bad judge in these things i never thought i would be referring to my tijuana mishap [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  3. sherrydeanne

sherrydeanne Chillin' With My Peeps

My first instinct is roo, that's a lot of comb for a 5 weeker. But, they're really hard to sex, you'll have to wait at least a few more weeks.

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I would say roo also, but would wait to make sure...

5. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    roo, I had one like him, he started off all brown and gold, and matured to a pretty combo of red and black with a green sheen.

6. 98 gt

98 gt a man of many... chickens

Jan 14, 2009
    Marshville NC
    oh gosh, its like tijuana all over again!!!![​IMG]

7. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Well...not sure, I say pullet. If you got it from a hatchery, then definitly pullet. Reason: most hatcheries only ever carry buff (ish) pullets and silver males. Have you tried vent sexing? At that age, it's a lot easier...

8. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Cock-a-doodle-doo!

9. cyanne

cyanne Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    See, I'm gonna go with pullet on this one, regardless of comb size. My experience with the EE's is that every single one I've bought that has the brown/gold lacing pattern (not sure of the proper term) on the body with the different colored head has been a girl. And some of them had combs that seemed big when they were growing, too.

All of the boys I've seen have been more solid colored with random splotches.

10. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I vote pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by