sex my frizzle

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fun monitor, Jun 3, 2008.

1. fun monitor

fun monitor Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    southern california
    Tee-hee! The post subject makes me laugh.
    I'm hoping and hoping and praying that my frizzle isn't a boy. We'll keep him anyway, but it's easier to keep one rooster rather than two, and we have a cute Polish cockerel. How can I choose between the two? Anyway, here are pictures of "her".

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    I dont know...that comb looks awful big and red...

3. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    looks like a roo to me.

4. lknight

lknight Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2008
    Western Washington
    I have seen a TON of fuzz butts on this site, but this may be the first NAKED butt I have seen... poor guy!

5. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Looks like a cockerel. I think he's a curly [​IMG]

6. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    i had the same thoughts peeps. at that age it should not have bald spots it should have more feathers and only some down feathers and the curls looked more curled than they should be. i believe it is a double frizzle also. [​IMG] it is beautiful too that is such a shame to see.

7. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    We had a double frizzle a while back. He was constantly having problems with his feathers. It was aweful. [​IMG]

8. Mr. Ree

Mr. Ree Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    South Central, KY
    It looks like a little cockerel to me. And everyone is right, he is a curly. He is carrying the double frizzle gene. Make sure to keep an eye on him in the hot months and cold months. He is more prone to sunburns, freezing, diseases, and other birds picking at him.

~Casey

9. therealsilkiechick

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    yep i agree and usually they have problems with major organs or health as well but not always. is i a cochin frizzle or a different breed?

10. fun monitor

fun monitor Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    southern california
    Aw, I was holding out hope for him! Guess the Polish goes to my brother's house as soon as Curly McFrizzle roo crows. She acts like a girl though! She loves to cuddle up under the Polish (their names are Salt and Pepper, natch) and is very tame and submissive.

I had no clue there was a difference between a frizzle and a curly.

I thought he was naked because he was treated roughly at the feed store. He...I mean SHE is missing two toenails on each foot.

He'll probably end up as more of a house pet (he'll get cool digs in the garage with the parakeet and cockatiel) rather than in the coop with all the girls, especially if he continues to be this tame.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by