Sex My Silkies?

Dr Mario

Hatching
May 17, 2015
They're only 6 weeks right now, but I can't put my finger on any of them. They're still all in their tiny peeping stages and they all look the same! How many weeks old until I can get an idea?

Getting them a bigger and better brooder tomorrow. Also, here is a close up of one of them. Hoping at least one of those adorable fluff balls is a hen.

That chick is the most docile out of them all. He/she loves to cuddle and nap on me. One of the smallest out of the bunch and quite timid with the other chicks.

Last edited:
Roger that, guys
big_smile.png
! Thanks for letting me know. I guess all there is to do now is wait. Around how many weeks do you think until I can begin to tell?

Too young. The best way with silkies is to compare combs. Since male and female bodies look similar, and sexing through leg size is useless, you can check by comparing the actual body size... But the comb will give it away first. Luckily you have more than one to compare. As far as time, probably around 3 or 4 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are they pure silkies? one of the pictures looked like one of the chicks had a spiked comb

Back
Top Bottom