Sex of Black Laced Silver Wyandottes Help !

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by katie9221, Apr 10, 2017.

1. katie9221

katie9221 New Egg

Apr 10, 2017
    Hi! I just started raising chickens and need some help determining the sex of a few that I have. I have a pretty good idea of what they are but need some more opinions. I have three Black Laced Silver Wyandottes. I think two are pullets and one is a cockerel. They are around 6 to 7 weeks old and everything I have been reading states that by this age the males will have a bright red comb and the females will still barely have a comb and it will be mostly yellow. I appreciate any input![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    You are correct!

1 person likes this.
  3. ninjawesome

ninjawesome Currently being awesome Premium Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Wild, Wild West
    [​IMG]Hi there and [​IMG]! We are glad you could join the flock!

Yep! As long as the one bird isn't way ahead in maturing into an adult chicken over the other two, you got yourself a cockerel and two pullets.

1 person likes this.
  4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under katie9221 [​IMG] Welcome!

I have no experience with Black Laced Silver Wynadottes so I am not able to give an opinion regarding gender.

If you would like more opinions than you already have, you could try posting on the Breed & Gender Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share more more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - yep, one cockerel and two pullets

1 person likes this.
  6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sounds like it to me.