Sex of Dark-Eyed Clear Budgies

They are both pretty boys. They are out of breeding condition and or the recessive pied variety, so they always have pink ceres. They are dark eyed clears, a mix of recessive pied and clear flight pied. So they keep the baby boy pink through there life. They have the white purple around the nostrails when not in condition. I can post some pics of my breeding recessive pied males when out of condition. You can almost swear they are girls. I have raised and breed these sweeties for years. Also if it was a female it would be much more white with brown mixed in or completely brown. Based on there age, before 6 months it's a bit tricker. Behavior defiantly doesn't always work. In the absence of males the girls will sing and court each other. The boys will court the other boys, when there hormones are flying they will court and sing to everyone and everything.

Theres a difference between pink and white ceres. If the pic has that white of a cere its a hen. If the flash made it look whiter then it really is can mess up the gender to. I know what dark eyed clears are I had a male rec pied people though was a hen but was infact a male as he was bred if both are over a year they would be two cocks as a hen would get a brown cere by 8 month...mine get brown ceres at 3 to 4 months.
Heres my rec pied with a whiteish cere with pink he was split ino since passed away. I tend to advoid pieds as there not my favorite. Lol

Last edited:
Theres a difference between pink and white ceres. If the pic has that white of a cere its a hen. If the flash made it look whiter then it really is can mess up the gender to. I know what dark eyed clears are I had a male rec pied people though was a hen but was infact a male as he was bred if both are over a year they would be two cocks as a hen would get a brown cere by 8 month...mine get brown ceres at 3 to 4 months.
Heres my rec pied with a whiteish cere with pink he was split ino since passed away. I tend to advoid pieds as there not my favorite. Lol

He is a cute! The only problem is in the first pic the cere isn't that white. A new pic could defiantly clear it up though. To me it looks much too purplish. Females rarely ever have that much purple. It's almost always a much clear white, with some blue or brown. At that age, if he was younger maybe but at his age I highly doubt it's a female. I can post some pics later this evening when I go home.

He is a cute! The only problem is in the first pic the cere isn't that white. A new pic could defiantly clear it up though. To me it looks much too purplish. Females rarely ever have that much purple. It's almost always a much clear white, with some blue or brown. At that age, if he was younger maybe but at his age I highly doubt it's a female. I can post some pics later this evening when I go home.

Heres a pic when he was young.

Back
Top Bottom