Sex of my peafowl

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by cinders55, Aug 15, 2011.

1. cinders55

cinders55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Citronelle, AL
    I'm new to peafowl. I've had my babies for 2 months now and I love them so much. I do have them with my chicks, but I worm them and put corid in their water. I hope this is okay as they seem to like each other. As I'm sure with every peachick owner, I am anxious to know what sex they are. If anyone can help me I would so appreciate it. They have been At least two of them have been puffing up occasionally and displaying (not that they have anything to display) so thought that meant they were males until I read that females sometimes do this. I finally got some pictures individually. Hard to do because they like to stay close to each other.
    Sorry, I tried to add the images and didn't figure it out, then tried to delete this post and that didn't work. Thank you to anyone who may have wanted to help. I appreciate all the info I get from reading your posts.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    It probably would not let you post the pictures because you are "new" to the forums- you have a low number of posts. If you want, you can email me the pictures as an attachment and I can post them for you [​IMG] I'll shoot you a PM with my email.

3. cinders55

Jun 15, 2010
    Citronelle, AL
    Thank you so much Kedreeva, I will give it a try. [​IMG]

4. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Got the pictures! Cindy, how old are the chicks? And how many are there? I will just repost the pics in the order I got them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(This is my favorite picture.... it is so CLEAR :eek: )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. cinders55

Jun 15, 2010
    Citronelle, AL
    Thank you for posting those. As you know it can sometimes be a trip trying to get these photos and I wasn't patient. They are nearly 4 months old. I got them the second week of June and was told they were about 3 weeks old then. They were supposed to be 2 pied and 2 blues. I don't care what they are because I love them anyway. The photo you like is the only good one I got today, but you can bet I'll be taking more now that they are outside. I want to let them free range the pasture when they get bigger. A few days before I got these two peahens showed up in my front yard. They didn't stay long and no one seems to know where they came from so I do know mine may roam if I let them out. Whatever I do it won't be any time soon as right now at their size they would attract cats and hawks. They are friends with the chicks and they all perch together in the hen house every night. I'm going to build them a house of their own soon though because they will outgrow the hen house. Sorry for rambling, thanks again.[​IMG]

6. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Very pretty bunch a boys ya got there [​IMG]

7. cinders55

Jun 15, 2010
    Citronelle, AL
    Why thank you zazouse![​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  8. zazouse