Sex please?

They all look like pullets but the males of this cross are white and the females are red. Unless I’m missing something the reds should be your only pullets.

In this case, the different colors are caused by having different mothers.

The white chicks have the White Leghorn mothers, and are not sexlinks. Sex linking requires a gold father and a silver mother. In this case, the Leghorns gave their chicks Extended Black (makes the whole chicken black) and Dominant White (turns all black to white, except that it can miss a few bits.) With those genes, you cannot see the effects of silver & gold, even though the rooster is gold, and even if the hen did happen to have silver.

The red chick has the other mother, the hen that is mostly black with a gold necklace. It is also not a sexlink. (Or it has some other mother that is not a White Leghorn. I don't know if the photo shows all possible hens, or just some of them.)

In this case, the different colors are caused by having different mothers.

The white chicks have the White Leghorn mothers, and are not sexlinks. Sex linking requires a gold father and a silver mother. In this case, the Leghorns gave their chicks Extended Black (makes the whole chicken black) and Dominant White (turns all black to white, except that it can miss a few bits.) With those genes, you cannot see the effects of silver & gold, even though the rooster is gold, and even if the hen did happen to have silver.

The red chick has the other mother, the hen that is mostly black with a gold necklace. It is also not a sexlink. (Or it has some other mother that is not a White Leghorn. I don't know if the photo shows all possible hens, or just some of them.)
These are the moms indeed. The brown chicks belong to the black hen.

Hello, here is the update :
F38BF98F-EB3E-4FDD-858D-CAD2E8B3A44E.jpeg
A688E945-CDAD-4826-86E0-04C8E4C02CE1.jpeg
I
C4418112-AC11-4FC5-8A81-8760D7D6CE70.jpeg
833CF8E9-5A08-4F55-8145-697579C471DD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom