Sex please?

They are about 2 months old, right? I would expect males to be pretty obvious by now, and I'm not seeing any obvious males in your photos. So I think they might all be pullets.
Yes they are. But the father was a distinct “female” until 5 months of age. Could they also have this awful extreme Late blooming?

Father at three and a half-four months old:
A0E7E847-FCDD-4CF5-9273-D3689800016B.jpeg

Yes they are. But the father was a distinct “female” until 5 months of age. Could they also have this awful extreme Late blooming?
If the father was a late bloomer, yes his chicks could be too. You might have to wait longer to be sure, but I can't say how much longer.

In the middle photo, the red chick on the left looks like it might be a male (a bit late/slow to develop the red, but that would match what you said of the father.) If that is a male just showing red now, then the others might be female, or they might be males who are even slower, and we won't know until they get older yet.

In the first photo, there is a clump of three in the back corner that I can't see well, because their heads go out of the photo (2 red, 1 white with big wattles). I am not making any guesses about their gender, just about the birds in the foreground.

In the first photo, there is a clump of three in the back corner that I can't see well, because their heads go out of the photo (2 red, 1 white with big wattles). I am not making any guesses about their gender, just about the birds in the foreground.
Yes, these are mother of white pullets, father and his sister.
In the middle photo, the red chick on the left looks like it might be a male
The red chick in the corner is the same chick drinking in the first photo.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom