SEX QUIZ

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Banriona, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Banriona

Banriona Chillin' With My Peeps

I have two Light Brahmas - just shy of five weeks old. I know what they sold them to me as - but what do you think?

[​IMG]

The one on the left is Dahli Brahma and the Right is Cleopecktra. Turns out she's aptly named - she's the chick in charge, and loves to be loved on. :D

[​IMG]f

This is Dahli Brahma
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry for the poor quality pics. Can't find my regular camera so had to use my iphone. :/ Dahli has been significantly slower on feather development from day one. Except for foot feathers - she/he/it has been ahead of the game in that department.

2. Studio2770

Studio2770 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2013
    Maybe keep an eye on Dali. Slow feathering is a cockerel characteristic. Compare how thick their legs and feet are, cockerel's usually have thicker legs.

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    That one picture you have of Dahli's comb shows a lot of pink comb for a five week old brahma, would vote possible roo, can't see much in the other pictures.

4. Banriona

Thanks! I strongly suspect roo too, but I'm new to this. Appreciate your input!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  5. Banriona

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by