1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Sex Recheck (with better pictures!)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by starsevol, Jul 27, 2014.

1. starsevol

starsevol In the Brooder

Jul 21, 2014
    Everyone has been so nice to me since I joined this forum, I love it here! I don't want to be a bother, but I was hoping you wouldn't mind looking at a few more pics of my chicks and telling me your thoughts. The first 3 are either cochins or cochin/orpington mixes (their mother is a golden laced cochin but these guys don't have good lacing), and the last one is an orpington. Last week 3 of you responded, 2 said I had all pullets, and one said that if I had a roo, it was the one in the second picture. Of course we won't know for certain for a few more weeks, but yesterday my husband heard a very strange sound coming from the chicks outside pen.....

I have one pic per chick, in the order in which they hatched originally. The oldest is 7 weeks 2 days and the youngest is 6 weeks 4 days. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Pullets

3. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Crowing 5 Years

Jul 24, 2013
    They all look like pullets to me.

4. chacha123

chacha123 In the Brooder

Jul 19, 2014
    Seattle
    cute!

5. starsevol

starsevol In the Brooder

Jul 21, 2014
    Thanks! based on everyone's experience, how many of these girls will still be girls in 8 weeks? Not that they are girls now, if that is the case.....but how often will an initial assessment of sex at 7 weeks stand the test of time?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: