Sex the chicks...**Graphic Heavy**

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mangled, Mar 17, 2008.

1. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Okay, these are my "I don't know what the heck they are!" chicks. I posted a good feather pic in a previous thread which is here:
    http://backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=37599
    They are supposed to be a Wyandotte assortment, but the comb is not right. Here are pics of 8 of the 12 I have who are feathered exactly like the young roo shown in the above-linked thread.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #3 Yes, I know ... definitely a roo ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any guesses on the breed would help, too. There was a fairly good consensus that these were Welsummers, but I wouldn't have 12 Welsummers unless my order was wrong when it was shipped. [​IMG]

Thanks in advance-
    Em

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You need to show full body photos from different angles. Just a photo of a chick comb is not any indication that a chick with a larger comb could be a cockeral. Some little hens have big combs too.

Take some more photos. Let the chick stand on its own and get a couple from different views of its body.

3. mangled

Well, I'll have to get new pics tomorrow. [​IMG] Sorry about that. We've got them up in the new coop tonight.

Should I just take the pics down or what?

Em

4. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    No you're fine, just give us something more to work with.

5. mangled

Are you able to just take this thread down, then? Sorry to be a pain. [​IMG]

6. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    Can't help much on gender, but can tell you those don't look like my wyandotte babies - comb is definately not right for wyandottes...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by