Sex & type? Please?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickenheir, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Chickenheir

Chickenheir New Egg

Aug 2, 2010
    Looking for info on the 3 in front. Is the upright a rooster? And breeds on any of them? Resued 11 chickens last week and trying to figure all this out. Any thoughts appreciated.
    [​IMG]

2. MrChicken207

MrChicken207 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    Caribou, Maine
    the black one might be an australorp. the other two look like either mutts or EE's. either way they're nice looking birds. and the one standing up looks like it might be a rooster

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello! The upright definitely looks like an EE roo. So does the other one in the front. Not sure about the black one.....I hope you enjoy them--very colorful!

4. friskebluegills

friskebluegills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    The two in front look like welsummer mixes. The one standing up looks like a roo

5. Chickenheir

Chickenheir New Egg

Aug 2, 2010
    The person I took them from ordered them, so I thought they were not mixed, but I really don't know. I do remember her saying something about Easter Eggers, but I thought that was a general term for Bantams that do not qualify for breeding purposes. And I have 3 Bantam roosters, not pictured, that are much smaller than these. Thanks for your thoughts.

6. FiveHens

FiveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    I'd say the two in front look like EEs--note the muff (i think?) on the hen. I concur that the standing-up one is a ro.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by