sexed bantam chicks from MyPetChicken?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by dwalters, Aug 9, 2013.

1. dwalters

dwalters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2013
    Southern Michigan
    I am considering buying some more bantams. I went to my pet chicken because they offer sexed bantams. I love all the ones I currently have and that is why I want to add more hens. The limit on that site is six for my area which is fine with me. Their guarantee on the sexed chicks is 90%. At $12 a chick for female...I wonder what experience anyone may have had with this. I know that is still better odds than with a straight run. I just thought any input from others that may have had good or badluck with this would be very helpful. $12 a chick is worth it for me if its a girl. Thanks for stopping to read!

2. bauerdog

bauerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2012
    central jersey
    I would go for it. I got two bantam girls last year which were sexed correctly and I bought five more bantams this may, so far it looks like they were right. They will refund the cost if they were incorrect.....

3. dwalters

Jul 23, 2013
    Southern Michigan
    OK great. Its totally worth it although they don't have much to choose from. I was thinking the buff Cochin and ee

4. bauerdog

Sep 6, 2012
    central jersey
    I think the ee bantam would be real cute. The silkies were extremely cute. I didnt know they had any bantam Cochin. those would be real interesting....

5. dwalters

Jul 23, 2013
    Southern Michigan
    I'm sorry I'm wrong. They are buff Brahma bantams. I already have gold and silver sebrights, old English, mill fleurs, and one golden laced polish.

6. bauerdog

Sep 6, 2012
    central jersey
    It seems like they don't have much available at this moment. I do know that if you check in Monday mornings they have a greater variety available for purchase that day for shipping out. They list the overages they had that morning so you may wind up with more variety.

7. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

I've only ordered sexed bantams from them once, but I ordered four in with my order of standards last fall, all were pullets.

8. dwalters

Jul 23, 2013
    Southern Michigan
    Thank! I think I'm going to give them a try.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by