Sexing 3 week old Swedish Flower Hen

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chschick, Feb 22, 2016.

1. chschick

chschick New Egg

Feb 22, 2016
    Bremerton, WA
    [​IMG]

3 weeks old. This one had a smaller comb than some of the others I had to choose from. The woman I purchased his from will trade a roo for a pullet, I am just racking my brain trying to figure it out. I was wondering if yall would help me guess. It may be inaccurate but at least it's fun!

2. RooDen

RooDen Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2014
    My guess would be that its a roo as the comb at 3 weeks old is a orange color whereas that of a pullet would have been pale in color. Just a guess though there are chances of me being wrong but as u said it - its fun anyways [​IMG]

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    I'm pants a chicken gender, but I'd also think that the comb is quite well developed so I agree.

The gender gurus will no doubt shoot me down in flames - they usually do! [​IMG]

CT

4. chschick

chschick New Egg

Feb 22, 2016
    Bremerton, WA
    [​IMG]

Here is a side veiw just for fun. I think I need to get some better lighting in these photos. He or she is super cute, regardless.

5. pennylane13

pennylane13 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2015
    Indiana, Pa
    [​IMG][​IMG]I've got three SFH's or roosters. They are 3 weeks old. Can anyone tell me if they are Roos or hens? The Swedish flower hens are from right to left in the photo with 4 chicks. [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by