Sexing 5 1/2 Week Old Silkies

VolailleAmant

Songster
Jul 26, 2016
Michigan
Hello!
I am looking to buy this pair of Pure White Silkies, they are beautiful! But they are unsexed, and I don't want to end up with both being Roosters. From this picture, can you sort of tell the gender? From your experience, what are some ways you can sex Silkies? They are 5 1/2 months old.
28953793_1452843594827098_1435287594949190526_o.jpg

Following. Thinking about buying some silkie chicks but they are not sexed. Not sure if it’s woerh the risk as I’m not aloud to have roosters.

Actually, in my experience, there are no better roosters to have then a Silkie. HOA's can be a problem though, as all roosters crow. To answer the original question, they are to young to tell, but Silkie roosters are fairly easy to sell if you end up getting one.

Actually, in my experience, there are no better roosters to have then a Silkie. HOA's can be a problem though, as all roosters crow. To answer the original question, they are to young to tell, but Silkie roosters are fairly easy to sell if you end up getting one.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking. I could just sell if I end up getting a roo. No HOA’s in my state but we have a jerk neighbor who we don’t want complaining.

Back
Top Bottom