Sexing a Single-Combed Silver-Laced Wyandotte?

3KillerBs

Addict
14 Years
Jul 10, 2009
North Carolina Sandhills
My Coop
My Coop
I'm starting to think that my run of bad luck with these chicks is getting even worse and my much-hoped-for single-combed SLW is male. I know that Wyandottes are notoriously for the girls coloring up early BUT, I have no idea how large a comb a single-combed SLW would have.

The chick in question is just over 5 weeks old and thoroughly disinclined to pose for good photos. :D

full

full

I'm pretty sure that the one with the normal comb is female. Yes, her comb is purple-red, but the SLW girl I have and two of the SLW crosses looked just like that when they were little.

full

full

I'm starting to think that my run of bad luck with these chicks is getting even worse and my much-hoped-for single-combed SLW is male. I know that Wyandottes are notoriously for the girls coloring up early BUT, I have no idea how large a comb a single-combed SLW would have.

The chick in question is just over 5 weeks old and thoroughly disinclined to pose for good photos. :D

full

full

I'm pretty sure that the one with the normal comb is female. Yes, her comb is purple-red, but the SLW girl I have and two of the SLW crosses looked just like that when they were little.

full

full
I think you're right

Back
Top Bottom