sexing all my bantams!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChaChaP, Apr 28, 2017.

1. ChaChaP

ChaChaP Just Hatched

Apr 17, 2017
    Sacramento, CA
    My babies are ranging from three to fiveish weeks and I think I'm starting to see some characteristics here and there, but let's see what you think!

New Boot Goof is a 4wk mille fleur d'uccle that I'm starting to worry is a cockerel (crossing my fingers I'm wrong)
    [​IMG]

Say Something Hat Day is a 4wk white crested black polish who I'm thinking is a pullet as the crest is quite puff and was very full and round when I aquired at a couple days old
    [​IMG]

Tack A Rama is a 5-6wk old white bantam cochin who is looking pretty dang cocky to me, and has been a bit of a turd to the other chicks lately. Such a pretty chick though!
    [​IMG]

And lastly, Pillow Pants is a 3wk old silkie, who I'm pretty sure is too young to sex, but who doesn't want more pics of silkie chicks?!?
    [​IMG]

So anywho, there's my babies! If you have any insights you'd like to share, awesome! If not, enjoy my babies anyways!

2. Leah567

Leah567 Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    number one is a cockerel. second is too young to tell. three looks like cockerel. Silkie is still too young to tell.

3. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    x2

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    No. 1 cockerel - sorry but, really red comb

Polish is much too young to sex - they are difficult like silkies. Nice bushy comb can indicate pullet. But during the next few weeks if streamers shoot out and it gets a wild rock star look - bets are off - it's probably a roo

Banty cochins develop faster looking rooish (comb) but don't lose hope yet

Pillow Pants is MUCH too young. Best age for trying to ID is 4-5 mos. If not then, when they crow or lay eggs. That's silkies for you.

Thank you for pleasure of seeing such adorable chicks. I love banties.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by