Sexing and 2 mystery breeds

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Acksim, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Acksim

Acksim Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2012
    Hi all! I have 7 chickens, all about 11/12 weeks old. I have 2 Black Australorp, 2 BR, 1 golden laced polish, and - looking for verification here - 1 EE and 1 partridge rock.

I am curious if any stand out as Roos. I am wondering about my BA and BR mostly. One of my BA is really - runty? for lack of a better term. Its hard to compare her and the other for sexing, as she is really small compared to the other chickens and I believe BA to be a large breed. So could you all please take a look? I'd really appreciate it! Also if anyone could say if they think my breed guesses on the partridge and the EE are correct I'd be grateful!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I can't get your pics to enlarge so bear with me. I see all pullets. I see two barred rocks, one barred rock, one aussie, a gold sex link, a welsummer, in order in the first photos. I don't see an easter egger or a partridge rock. It's a nice looking group of pullets, they'll make a pretty backyard flock.

3. Acksim

Jun 26, 2012
    Thank you!! I sure hope they are all pullets, we aren't allowed Roos in the city.

I had wondered about Welsummer, thanks for the guess! I also had wondered if she wasn't golden buff/sex link - the only reason I guessed EE or something else is her comb looks like a pea comb - or at least, it is much much smaller than the other's who have single combs.

Thanks again!

4. ChickenExtreme

ChickenExtreme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2012

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I do have ee hens that are a similar color, but they have more of a blonde look vs your bird's red color. I don't see a beard or muffs, and her legs are yellow. That made me think sex link vs ee.

6. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon

7. Acksim

Jun 26, 2012
    Thank you all! I am surprised about the Jersey Giants! I purchased them as BA from Meyers, but you are right! The skin is definitely yellow. Oh well, they are still pretty birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by