Sexing baby chicks at 3-4 weeks

States family

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 18, 2014
Punxsutawney, Pa
hey all! I'm getting ready to sell some of my chicks and I'm trying to sex them. There's not really a whole lot of difference between their combs or colors. I read about a few that are slow to feather May be males. Now most of my chicks except maybe 2 out of 24 ,have become fully feathered. None of them seem to have red combs or "larger than other" combs. Sometimes there are stand offs of pecking order between themselves but there really isn't a difference honestly. Is there any way I can really tell for sure between combs at 4 weeks and feathers? Cause I would guess they would all be female,with the exception of 2, if that was the case. Most run if I come out they don't really stand tall etc. I've read multiple methods and just don't know haha! Thanks in advance!

male?

Female?

Female?

Not sure...

Female?

silkie female?

unsure, leaning towards female

I feel more comfortable after getting a closer look but really idk.. The ones I'm positive are getting the littletTuttles on their necks are females right? The males havea litt le bit more of a redish tint to the comb as well as thicker combs, some are getting these double combs. Please help if my guesses aren't correc ! Lol

Back
Top Bottom