Sexing baby chicks from a barred rock roo and rir hens

Redeagletrapping

Songster
Apr 2, 2020
Upstate New York
Hello I am wondering if head dot size has anything to do with sex of chickens from a Barred rock rooster and Rhode island red hens.

I tried wing sexing and see some I would think are females and some that are probably males.

I've looked at lots of pics etc. I am not an expert yet, have hatched some and ordered some and I know by around 7-10 weeks I see some pretty obvious roos vs hens.

I just wanna take a few hens for me from this batch as that was the deal with my amish friends.
They have friends who want roos.
20200926_181733.jpg
20200926_181729.jpg
20200926_181726.jpg
20200926_115228.jpg
20200923_170427.jpg

Is there a time frame for sexing new chicks via wing method?

And here are some pics of their heads.

Thanks

I’ve seen so many chickens, especially BR and RIR, that are supposed to be girls but end up being boys. There is no positive way of telling until they are older.

I’ve seen so many chickens, especially BR and RIR, that are supposed to be girls but end up being boys. There is no positive way of telling until they are older.
Ok thanks. I was just wondering i have purebred dominiques and pure isa browns and then I mixed some isa and easter eggers.

But since I get to keep a few for helping them I wanna try to grab only 2 hens since I already have 2 roos for breeding my flock. They really want roos.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom