Sexing BLRW's, Pictures added

emsevers

Songster
11 Years
Nov 30, 2008
Carlton, OR
Ok I have four 6 week old BLRW's that I hatched. I'm trying to figure out which are pullets and which are roosters but I have no idea what I'm looking for. I was wondering if anyone could post some pictures of their birds at this stage so that I would have something to compare mine to. They all look like their combs are relatively the same size and the coloring of the comb is so dark that I can't really tell if they should be turning red. So can anyone help me out? I would be totally willing to post pictures if you think that you can tell at this stage.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to post in this area. I was meaning to post in the Raising chicks part. Maybe someone could move it for me but I'll post pictures anyway.

Ok, here are my pictures for anyone who thinks they might be able to help me.

19256_b3.jpg

19256_b4.jpg

19256_b2.jpg

19256_b1.jpg

its a little early to tell but the only one that looks like a roo to me is in the 2nd pic, on the left, ok maybe the last pic too but i dont think so lets se what others say

ok here is my guess first picture guess is pullet second pic one on left roo one on right not good luck of comb but guess pullet third pic pullet fourth pic roo. In another two weeks should be easier.

Should be able to tell for sure in a couple of weeks, but I think the birds in the second and last pictures are all three roos, and the 1st and third pics are hens.

That bird on the left in the second picture has wonderful lacing. If he had the color of the one in the first pic, he would be absolutely gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom