Sexing Buff Goslings?

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
Okay...so my MIL sold her goat herd and now she's wondering what in the WORLD is she going to do with her 2 ACRE, securely fenced with a nice shelter AND POND area? So of course, I told her she needed some geese!
gig.gif

So I just found American Buff goslings on Craigslist for $10 each. I really would like a pair or trio...but the lady selling them doesn't know how to sex them and neither do I!

Any ideas?

My parents are picking them up for me and they're not gosling sexers, either!
gig.gif

This is what I would do. I would pick up a gosling and hold it. If it seems friendly and brave enough to nibble your face right away, it is probably male. Female goslings I've had were terrified when I picked them up but males responsed to holding and petting with more curiosity and courage. Female goslings tend to hang back where males come forward to investigate. Males hold up their heads higher and females keep their heads mostly down closer to their bodies.

That's about it
big_smile.png
there's no way to guess unless you know someone who can vent sex them. Most of us who don't get sexed geese guess by behavior and sometimes are right.

There's no difference in appearance for about three weeks, then the ganders get a little bigger and taller.

Back
Top Bottom