Sexing button quail

grenhouse

Hatching
8 Years
Sep 11, 2011
Hi all,

I'm from the UK but spend a lot of time looking at your site for ideas and inspiration! I have recently bought some new buttons, there are 2 which are very straightforward to sex. However the other 5 are proving a little more difficult du to their colours. I have my ideas but wondered if anyone could tell me for definite a) the colour b) male or female

IMGP5366.jpg

IMGP5369.jpg

IMGP5363.jpg

IMGP5361.jpg

IMGP5359.jpg

IMGP5370.jpg

Much appreciated

Steve

Last edited:
Thanks for your very quick response!

Are they all the same 'colour'? I have 2 males which look like the bottom one although they have the black bib like your avatar and this one doesn't. Will check for feathers.

Thanks

Steve

I have a color Id on BYC and on website but your first hen looks golden pearl, second, red breasted, third blue breasted, and then your pied.

Make sure to keep them in pairs
smile.png

Yes I will keep them in pairs. I have just hatched 15 but saw these in an auction on friday and paid £7 for them, so glad there are some hens in there!

Thanks for your help I'm sure there will be many more questions coming. I have only just started keeping the buttons but have kept japanese and italian (coturnix) quail for a while now.

Thanks

Steve

nice buttons, quail lady answered it all for you however i'd like to have a look at those cages/aviaries.

Hi Steve, I live in the UK as well and I'm rather interested in where you got those gorgeous quail from
smile.png
I've been having a bit of trouble finding breeders of Chinese Painted quail as well as feed suppliers. What feed do you use for your birds? Any help would be much appreciated
big_smile.png

Really love your birds. They look so cute!!
smile.png

Will sort some pics out soon. They are just some old fitted wardrobes which I have turned into 6ft x 20 inch cages with mesh floors and wooden drawers underneath. Need some smaller mesh for the floors for the buttons though. Thanks for the help guys!

And I have PM'd you animal 8!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom