Sexing chicks

jorake60

In the Brooder
Nov 30, 2015
Cleveland, TN
We have 6 baby lavender orps. My granddaughter helps me with the chickens. She has been studying about sexing chicks, by vent and feathers. When we got them 1 day old she sexed them and told me that we have 4 pullets and 2 cockerls. They are 17 day now. I really believe she is right. My have me a chicken sexer on hand. Lol will keep you informed. Oh she is 29 not a kid.

You have a rare treasure if your granddaughter knows how to accurately sex chicks. While it won't help much for shipped chicks, she could certainly help you avoid taking home more cockerels from the feed store chick tank than you'd planned for.

Why not post pics of these chicks she has sexed, and we can follow their progress as they grow to see how accurate she was? It would be lots of fun.

You have a rare treasure if your granddaughter knows how to accurately sex chicks. While it won't help much for shipped chicks, she could certainly help you avoid taking home more cockerels from the feed store chick tank than you'd planned for.

Why not post pics of these chicks she has sexed, and we can follow their progress as they grow to see how accurate she was? It would be lots of fun.

These are the babies.

Have you tagged or marked in some way the ones she thought were boys? Could you do individual pics with the sex she assigned to each?

Back
Top Bottom