Sexing Chicks

What's the magnet on a string thing? I've never heard of it? Is it like a divining rod for chickens? Or putting a woman's wedding ring on a string and holding it over her pregnant belly to determine the gender of the baby?
lau.gif

I've tried it and it is very accurate on all my pet's(dog's, cat's) that I already know the sex of. Even tried it on my Hen's which I know are hen's and it was right on. However, on my 6 wk old splash Silkie it say's roo, and I dont want to believe it. Thanks for your thoughts.

We bought our first four "pullets" from a vet who sells chickens. We really only wanted hens. She told us about the pendulum on a string thing. She disappeared into the house and came back with it. She held it over each bird and the way it swung told her that they were all pullets. Three months later we were re-homing the two roos! I am not a believer.
lol.png

Quote:
When you know the sex already it will swing whichever way you're thinking...at least that's what I've been told. It doesn't seem to work if you don't know the sex.

Well darn..Knew it was to good to be true. I am always a sucker when it comes to getting suckered..lol
hit.gif

For those that asked here is what it looks like. Swings back in fourth for male, or swings around for female.
43331_sexer.jpg

Back
Top Bottom