991613E6-53AE-4EC6-9F1A-277F678B11E7.jpeg
chick 2
C1039726-36FB-4BFA-B63D-A4454C8A8A71.jpeg
chick1/chick2
E48DDA25-094F-401F-8BD4-1F4F50B4F669.jpeg
Chick 1
DA67A1CD-3960-4A13-9DF4-D37AE9C6E3B9.jpeg
Hey everybody,
I just hatched my first chicks from my backyard flock. Only two hatched and I’m having trouble figuring out if they’re roosters or pullets. Although I have my suspicions, I wanted a second opinion. I’ll post some pictures of the two. The chicks are definitely easter egger hen X buff orpington rooster. I believe chick 1 is a pullet and chick 2 is a roo. Please let me know you opinions!
Thanks, Nick

chick 2 is definnantly male is see red leakage on the wings...plus the comb.

chick one i need a side standing pic.

they are a to young. wait till 6-7 weeks old but with easter egger I have noticed they tend to get red leakage early on sometimes with in week 1.

chick 2 is definnantly male is see red leakage on the wings...plus the comb.

chick one i need a side standing pic.

they are a to young. wait till 6-7 weeks old but with easter egger I have noticed they tend to get red leakage early on sometimes with in week 1.
Keep in mind that these are Not Easter eggers but mixes, These chicks are again, too young to sex, I would be surprised if anyone could sex chicks based off from their feathers at this age, Especially if it's not an auto sex-able breed, The only indicator of a cockerel on chick #2 is the comb, But even with a comb that size, it could still turn out to be a pullet..

I know someone who has been in 4h all her life and she said the easter egger cockrels will get red leakage with in the first week then you can put um down and not have to deal with them!
Um? I would not do that.. You can't sex an Easter egger by it's color at only 1 week of age. They wont get that red color until they're at least 5 weeks old, not even. 4-H is not something just about chickens, It has many different things you can sign up for/teach, and by 'All her life' do you mean as a Teacher? I would not kill a one week old easter egger chick just because of it's color. And not All easter egger cockerel/roosters are read, they can come in all colors such as black, white, tan, red, black&white, Blue, ect.

Um? I would not do that.. You can't sex an Easter egger by it's color at only 1 week of age. They wont get that red color until they're at least 5 weeks old, not even. 4-H is not something just about chickens, It has many different things you can sign up for/teach, and by 'All her life' do you mean as a Teacher? I would not kill a one week old easter egger chick just because of it's color. And not All easter egger cockerel/roosters are read, they can come in all colors such as black, white, tan, red, black&white, Blue, ect.
Any chance you have an idea what color eggs they will lay if pullets? They came from blue eggs

Back
Top Bottom