Sexing Geeese/No Eggs

Kangaroo24

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2019
I have two embden geese that were given to me about 3 years ago-

I was told they are both girls but they have never laid an egg nor have they shown any interest in any of the other geese on the farm, male or female-

Is it possible for geese to never lay eggs? or could that both be males? looking for some advise- not looking for them to be anything but farm pets

I have two embden geese that were given to me about 3 years ago-

I was told they are both girls but they have never laid an egg nor have they shown any interest in any of the other geese on the farm, male or female-

Is it possible for geese to never lay eggs? or could that both be males? looking for some advise- not looking for them to be anything but farm pets
Maybe they are too old? @indianaducks

They could be elderly females, or they could easily be males.

If they are males and you got them as a bonded pair they’ll show little interest in the other geese. During breeding season they may get feisty and territorial, they might start to show interest in the girls, but their loyalties lie with each other, so they could also just as easily chase them away.

@Kangaroo24 coukd you post a picture of them? Sometimes it’s possible to tell the sex by their body type.

They could be elderly females, or they could easily be males.

If they are males and you got them as a bonded pair they’ll show little interest in the other geese. During breeding season they may get feisty and territorial, they might start to show interest in the girls, but their loyalties lie with each other, so they could also just as easily chase them away.

@Kangaroo24 coukd you post a picture of them? Sometimes it’s possible to tell the sex by their body type.
Sure let me see if I can get a photo loaded on here- give me a minute

in the lone photo on the bottom, the goose to the right is a male- he has been sexed- in the other 3 photos are the questionable geese who have never laid eggs.

Attachments

• geese1.jpg
    geese1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 4
  • geese2.jpg
    geese2.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Geese3.jpg
    Geese3.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 4
  • geese4.png
    geese4.png