Sexing geese at 3-4 months

belindah4007

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 9, 2012
4
7
62
We have welcomed 2 new geese to our flick this year and have reared them from goslings. They run with our two Sebastopols Lily and Charlie. The first is Uno who is a brown Chinese. He/she is 3 months old. Any thoughts on gender? Hoping the little lobe on the front belly means female. Same for Olive a smooth Seb, 4 months old with two large lobes. IMG20200120184845.jpgIMG20200120184803.jpgIMG20200120184834.jpgIMG20200120184841.jpgIMG20200120184845.jpgIMG20200112153918.jpg
 

DiYMama540

Free Ranging
Premium member
Jun 25, 2019
2,759
14,816
702
SW VA
My Coop
My Coop
I'm thinking the Chinese may be male and the Seb female. Not very good at sexing geese though...the personality seems to be more telling a lot of times.
 

servpolice

Songster
6 Years
Oct 10, 2013
3,487
447
241
Ireland
Nice geese ! Pics of the geese with the whole body would give us a better guess of what sex they could be.

I can't really see Olive so I can't say but Uno to me looks 40% chance of being female and a high 60% chance of being male.
 
Top Bottom