1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sexing help please!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mrscrabtree92, Mar 23, 2016.

1. mrscrabtree92

mrscrabtree92 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2016
    New with chickens but done alot of research. I need some experts. We have 1 rhode island 2 easter eggers 1 lavandar orpington and 1 silver laced wyandotte. What are your thoughts on sex? I think the orpington, wyandotte, and one EE are roos and the other 2 are pullets. Top 2 being pullets amd bottom 3 roos. Thoughts? Theyre about 2 weeks old

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

They are far too young to sex with any accuracy at all.

Check back with updated photos in 6-10 weeks for more accurate sexing information.

Which ones were sold to you as Easter Eggers? I'm not seeing any EEs here - from the looks of it you have three Production Reds (RIRs), a Lavender Orp, and a Silver Laced Wyandotte.

3. mrscrabtree92

Mar 23, 2016
    The second and 4th picture we were told were Easter eggers

4. mrscrabtree92

Mar 23, 2016
    [​IMG] in this picture I have my Wyandotte Orpington and the 2 we were told are EE

5. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Not EE, for sure - they both lack beards and show pink legs, not slate or willow. Even in the muttiest EE stock, you won't just happen to get two chicks who both lack those features. They have a Production Red look to them, though they do have a bit of a heavy chipmunk pattern compared to most Production Red chicks.

6. lovabutterfly

lovabutterfly Out Of The Brooder

Mar 20, 2016
    Blackwell, OK.

7. lovabutterfly

Mar 20, 2016
    Blackwell, OK.
    The black is ur silver laced wyandotte

8. lovabutterfly

Mar 20, 2016
    Blackwell, OK.
    Sex is really had to tell at this age but if I had to guess I'd saythe first two r ur Easter eggers n both pullets the black is ur Wyandotte n a rooster the 4th is ur road island red n also a rooster the last one ur lavendar n a pullet

9. mrscrabtree92

Mar 23, 2016
    The first picture is my Rhode island me and my husband think pullet 2nd picture we were told was an EE but we think pullet 3rd silver Wyandotte roo 4th was told was EE and we think roo and 5th is Orpington and starting to think roo on that one too

10. mrscrabtree92

Mar 23, 2016

What do you think they are? The only real difference between these and my RIR is the black stripe on the head

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by