Sexing Mille Fleur d'uccle (more photos #6)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by fasbendera, Aug 31, 2009.

1. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    [​IMG]

This is one of three of our new babies. I fell in love with this breed everytime I saw a picture of them here so I ordered eggs. One is more black than the other two so it made me wonder if you can sex them as chicks or will I be waiting.

Thanks for all the input. I thought the 21 days was long now two weeks to see if I get a hen!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  2. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

Both of my babies were very dark when they were little, they are girls.

3. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    It's too young to sex. In a few weeks, it will get comb development if it's a male. Also, mille fleur is the pattern, not the breed. The breed is d'uccle [​IMG]

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    This is just me putting in an early vote...but cockerel.

5. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Me too. lookit that comb already.

6. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    Quote:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Your Avatar started the whole process so I am glad you get to see. I am hooked. So what is the correct way to identify this breed. is it d'uccle Mille Fleur? I am going to have them for a while so I better get it right.

Here are all three together no I am zooming in to see if I can tell and I think one cockerel then I think maybe two but I will keep one cockerel and find a good home for the others if I don't get a hen and try again.

7. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    [​IMG] It's Mille Fleur d'Uccle. Just like Buff Orpington or White Leghorn, etc. Millie Fleur is the color. It means "thousand flowers" in French.

BTW: They are adorable!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  8. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    so how's the baby looking? boy or girl? I have 2 day old Mille, Fleur D'uccles and am wondering what they may be. Was wondering if you could tell by color. ONe has 2 stripes down it's back... and yes, they are purebred. We got a MF D'uccle rooster for our hens and hatched some eggs. I cannot upload pictures right now, but as soon as I can, I will share them.

So far only 2 have hatched, but 4 more may still come around.. they were put under my broody 5-6 days later.

9. Megs

Megs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    give it a few weeks for sexing id say, i have 3 mf D'uccles hatched on sept 1st that i can sex already (and they are just shy of a month, id say i could tell at 3 weeks) i have 2 boys and 1 girl if im correct (dang)!

10. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    is there any bit of a comb on the newly hatched girls?

I have had cross breed D'uccles before as chicks, but never the real deal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by