Sexing my Grey Splash Sebastopols HELP!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by EmAbTo48, Sep 27, 2012.

1. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    Can anyone help me figure out the sex of these guys. They are 7 months old now these pictures are 2 months old I will take more tomorrow and put them up.

IS there something I can look for? one is taller, is more vocal and is a bit more lets say brave lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    There is only two things you can do: a). wait for eggs or no eggs or b). get them DNA tested.

Sometimes you can tell ganders from the gooses by watching them and seeing the personality differences, but not always. Good luck

~ Aspen

Last edited: Sep 27, 2012
  3. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Vent sex them, sumit for dna gender testing or wait till close to breeding season and then for eggs.

4. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    If its important to know now then I would DNA sex for certainty. Last year I vent sexed some of our Toulouse and made a few mistakes!!!

5. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    Post some updated pictures of the sebastopols for everyone to look at. They will be a bit more easy to maybe tell what they might be.
    I know I bred my pure white goose with our grey gander I had two goslings hatch a grey splash gander and a grey female.
    Do you know the parents of these??

6. EmAbTo48

EmAbTo48 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Northern Wisconsin
    I will take some pictures tomorrow of updated versions. They were bred by grey sebastopols and white sebs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by